Event Coordination Services for Language Access
Large Event Coordination services:
- Joyful Signing will consult with your event planning team to determine and advise on industry best practices for the determination of the number and qualifications of the services needed for maximum accessibility. This may include Certified or uncertified ASL service providers, Deaf service providers, tri-lingual or spoken language, on-site coordinators, CART captioning services, and pre or post recording services.
- We are responsible for scheduling appropriate, qualified, service providers, following the event schedule, providing coverage for all events, including workshops, breakouts, presentations, and evening entertainment.
- Follow all agreed on policies for contracts, payment negotiations, and cancellation policies.
- Provide all necessary contact information for service providers
- Coordinate any orientation meetings for service providers including daily meetings if needed; Collect and provide event credentials, name badges, schedules and other information regarding sessions for the service providers upon their arrivals at the event.
- Collect presentation materials and distribute them to service providers for preparation prior to their assignment.
- Deploy service providers according to identified need; Coordinate with trilingual and DeafBlind service providers.
- Anticipate and arrange for last minute substitutions or changes;
- Provide technical and logistical assistance at the sessions to the extent we are able, work with the on site technical providers to resolve problems.
- Proactively engage in problem solving to provide resolution for day-of challenges that may arise to ensure a smooth event for all.
- Handle all communications with registered DeafBlind attendees to ascertain specific needs.
- Collect travel, hotel and meal receipts and service invoices from service providers, and follow procedures and deadlines for compiling, approving and submitting payment requests to the accounting department within 30 days, post-event.
- Provide a post-conference final report summarizing interpreting services provided, including feedback on the overall coordinator/interpreter experience and suggestions for improvements.
Joyful Signing provides qualified interpreters that are of exceptional ability and professionalism. Our interpreters have a high level of fluency in two or more language, broad-based world knowledge, conduct themselves professionally and ethically, and conform to high professional standards. They provide complete, accurate, and reliable interpretation.
We provide interpreters with specific skills and experience tailored to the specific assignment. Each interpreter is able to interpret with sufficient structural accuracy and vocabulary. We ensure interpreters can participate effectively in formal and informal conversations, social and professional topics. Every interpreter is recruited, screened, and tested for language skills. In addition, Joyful Signing interpreters provide information on their background, education, certification, and experience in order to help us match the selected interpreter with client needs.
Having the right interpreter can help to create a space in which we active dismantle a system of language oppression. It can support an interaction that is free from power and oppression and offers true inclusion, not just the appearance of access.
Culturally sensitive scheduling with the intention of appropriate representation means we put thought and intention into the staffing of ASL interpreters. Questions we may ask include:
What are the consumers preferences?
What is the occasion or need for an interpreter?
Where is this taking place?
Who will be in attendance?
What cultural competency is required from the interpreters?
What is the preferred language modality of the consumers?
Are additional language skills needed for this assignment?
Joyful Signing is a 2019 Top 100 MBE Award Recipient
This award recognizes minority entrepreneurs that fuel the region’s economy.
Get in touch
clients are saying.
"Joyful Signing, LLC provides consistently high quality support for making our library's programs and services more accessible to customers. We are particularly grateful for the opportunity to collaborate with a locally-owned business that shares our values and commitment to public service."
Nicholas Brown, COO for Communication and Outreach, Prince George's County Memorial Library System
“The Joyful Signing team is always a pleasure to work with. They always reply to our requests quickly and are able to accommodate all of our varying show needs. The team is prompt and professional and goes out of their way to provide a personalized experience for each guest. We regularly receive guest feedback stating how much they enjoy their interactions with the interpreters.”
Taylor Winstead, Senior Manager Entertainment
“Joyful Signing has provided amazing ASL and Closed Captioning support for large public webinars for hundreds of people. Their team is responsive, professional and a JOY to work with. Even if we haven't had a specific request for ASL or Closed Captioning, offering these options greatly enhances the experience for everyone. The ASL providers are so expressive, and the ability to read captions means no one--hearing or not--ever has to miss a beat.”
Kana Hammon, Race Forward
“I am thrilled to share my enthusiasm for the team at Joyful Signing. I have watched this team grow and evolve into a caring, thoughtful, and committed member to the greater Washington metropolitan community. I have seen the Joyful team serve clients and engage audiences at both MGM National Harbor and the Something in the Water Music Festival. Each interpreter demonstrates professionalism and a cheerful attitude. My company was fortunate to work with us during our recent LEGENDS Gala at the Anthem on the District Wharf. Joyful provided interpreters for our guests and during our concert featuring Tony! Tone! Toni! and Joy was exceptional. We can’t recommend them enough!”
Saletta Coleman, Good Luck PR Partner
Work With Us
At Joyful Signing, we are committed to providing excellent customer service for our customers and D/deaf and Hard-of-Hearing consumers through clear and accurate communication. If you’d like to hire our interpreters for your next event, or are interested in joining our team, use the links below to get in touch.