Joyful Signing is seeking a Staff Interpreter for our growing company
We are looking for a full-time staff certified ASL Interpreter to join our small yet mighty company. The perfect fit interpreter will serve as a Joyful Signing Ambassador — representing the company on a variety of interpreting assignments and to the Deaf community. You must reside in the DC Metro area and be willing to travel up to 40 miles for in-person work.
What Joyful Signing can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- CEU sponsorship and support
- Mentoring Opportunities
- Business Development Opportunities
- Challenging, Fun, and Creative Work Assignments
- Retreats and Networking events
What you’ll need to be successful at this job:
- Strong signing and voicing skills
- National sign language interpreter certification
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong understanding of ASL and Deaf culture
- Ability to work within a changing schedule
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Reliable transportation, and ability to travel within the DC/Baltimore corridor.
- Dedicated access to a hard wired, high speed internet connection, utilizing an Ethernet cable or similar
- Proficient technical knowledge with the ability to use multiple platforms
How to Apply
Please complete the form below and include the following attachments (PDF preferred):
- Cover letter specifying your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.
- Copies of all certifications
Applicants from outside the DC Metro area will not be considered.
"*" indicates required fields